Posted 5 years ago
Ideal candidates would have 0 to 5 years of experience in the construction industry as one of the positions listed, and a degree or technical training in Civil/Environmental Engineering/Construction Management or related field will be preferred. Recent college graduates will be considered for this position.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and budget commercial renovation projects making sure that the project(s) gets completed on time and within budget. Ground-Up construction experience is a plus.
- Prepare and Update CPM Schedules.
- Prepare, submit and track submittals for all trades.
- Able to understand project specifications and interpret contract drawings.
- Direct and monitor the progress of construction activities, through construction,
- Oversee the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker safety and productivity; and the quality of the construction.
- Prepare and submit monthly invoicing and progress reports.
- Familiarity with Blue Book and ability to contact multiple vendors/subcontractors,
- Attending construction progress meetings.
- Knowledge of Timberline, Expedition, Primavera, and Microsoft Projects a plus.
- Experience with a General Construction Firm located in the DC Metro Area will be preferred.
- Communicating with/directing subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Communicating with/directing field personnel.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills, and be highly organized and result-oriented with the ability to get the work done by sub-contractors.
- Must be able to work closely with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of authority.
- Must be computer literate and able to generate various construction reports pertaining to safety, quality etc.
- Must be able to provide references to support work history.
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, tiling and several other architectural finishes, landscaping, doors & windows and other building /repair trades.
- Must be able to maintain several projects at once complying with strict safety, quality, and technical protocols and have the ability to take a job from start to completion.
- Ensuring that both the health and safety project plans are implemented and Maintain a safe environment for the Employer, the employees and subcontractor employees.
- Must conduct a general inspection of the workers and their performance and safety
- Must complete daily documentation of work, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions
- Must be willing to travel 50-70 % in DC/MD/VA.
- Must be trained in:
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour and First aid — CPR
- US Army Corps of Engineers Quality Control Management Certification
- Must be eligible to legally work in the US or have US Citizenship.
- Must be able to clear Pre-employment Drug Testing and Background Check.