Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Superintendent, the Superintendent’s role is to proactively plan, organize and direct each project to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs in depth reviews of drawings and contract documents to become familiar with requirements.
- Schedules subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely completion of project deadlines.
- Fully understands the subcontractor’s scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders.
- Participates in a weekly scope of work meeting with subcontractors.
- Communicates the priorities of the project to the subcontractors and field staff.
- Manages long lead items that need to be expedited through the project schedule process.
- Communicates daily with the Project Manager.
- Works with the Project Manager in formulating the two week look ahead.
- Plans sequence of work using the timeframe provided by Estimating & Project Management.Assists the Project Manager with change order management in defining scope and schedule impact.
- Makes schedule commitments and is responsible for meeting project completion date and milestones throughout.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager regarding changed conditions notifications.
- Maintains a daily diary/log of all activities and site conditions.
- Ensures project site binder and related documents are organized.
- Ensures complete and accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets.
- Reviews T&M tickets for detail and accuracy.