The Site Safety and Health Officer will be in charge of the safety of daily field operations regarding specific projects. The SSHO role requires overseeing the safety aspects including production quality.
- Ensure the daily field activities are in order to ensure on the safety of the project while keeping the project on track with the schedule
- Ensures all construction is in compliance with design specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget, and is built to quality and safety standards.
- Implements the construction portion of the assigned project through the day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for overall job site safety.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in commercial construction, as a superintendent.
- Candidate, who has experience in working on projects for government agencies in DC region, will be preferred.
- Must be able to provide references to support work history.
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, tiling and several other architectural finishes, landscaping, doors & windows and other building/repair trades.
- Must be able to maintain several projects at once complying with strict safety, quality, and technical protocols and have the ability to take a job from start to completion.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills, and be highly organized and result-oriented with the ability to get the work done by sub-contractors.
- Must be able to work closely with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of authority.
- Must be computer literate and able to generate various construction reports pertaining to safety, quality etc.
- Must complete daily documentation of work, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders
- Identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions
- Must be trained in:
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour and First aid — CPR
- Confined Space and Fall Protection Certifications.
- US Army Corps of Engineers Quality Control Management Certification
- Must be eligible to legally work in the US.
- Must be able to clear Pre-employment Drug Testing and Background Check