The Superintendent will be in charge of daily field operations of specific projects. The main aspect of the role is to oversee the production aspects including production quality.
- Supervising daily field activities in order to ensure timely completion of the project and keeping the project on track with the schedule
- Interprets, organizes and coordinates work assignments
- Ensures all projects are in compliance with design specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget, and is built to quality standards.
- Implements the construction portion of the assigned project through the day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for all job site activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in commercial construction, as a superintendent.
- Candidate, who has experience in working on projects for government agencies in PA region, will be preferred.
- Must be able to provide references to support work history.
- Must be knowledgeable in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, tiling and several other architectural finishes, landscaping, doors & windows and other building/repair trades.
- Must be able to maintain several projects at once complying with strict safety, quality, and technical protocols and have the ability to take a job from start to completion.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills, and be highly organized and result-oriented with the ability to get the work done by sub-contractors.
- Must be able to work closely with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of authority.
- Must be computer literate and able to generate various construction reports pertaining to safety, quality etc.
- Must complete daily documentation of work, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions
- Must be willing to travel 50-70 % in the state and neighboring areas.
- Must be trained
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour and First aid — CPR,
- US Army Corps of Engineers Quality Control Management Certification
- Must be eligible to legally work in the US or have US Citizenship.
- Must be able to clear Pre-employment Drug Testing and Background Check